I Found It Online! A User Needs Assessment and Website Implementation Study


Springfield Public Library in Springfield,
Oregon, is in need of a new library website because the current website is not optimized
for modern devices and is not fully accessible to disabled patrons. My project serves as the first step to developing
a new library website. The project was completed in three parts. First, I developed and implemented a user
needs assessment survey to find out what the community most wants in a library website. Second, I looked at survey feedback as
well as library staff suggestions to determine the key features that would be most desired in
a library website. Finally, I compared potential website platforms
and delivered recommendations to the library based on the provided feedback. My hope is that this project not only helps
the library move forward in creating a new library website, but it also raises awareness of accessibility
issues on the Internet. Unless you yourself are in need of the features
required to make a website fully accessible it can be really easy to forget about them, and I
hope this project helps bring accessibility to the forefront of people’s minds.

1 thought on “I Found It Online! A User Needs Assessment and Website Implementation Study

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *